Kernel Panic Error grub.conf file is missing How To Resolve The Problm

I edit the grub.conf file after that while i restart the system it is go to the console window .I got the following message
GNU GRUB version 0.97 (638k lower /522176k upper memory)
[ Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible completions of a device/filename.]
grub> Because it can not find the file grub.conf
I try to boot the os
grub>boot
I got the following error message
Error 8: Kernel must be loaded before booting
So I load the kernel
grub>kernel /vmlinz-2.6.18-53.el5
Error 15: File not found
because I enter the kernel image wrong path then I enter the correct path
grub>kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-53.el5
[Linux-bzImage, setup=0x1e00, size=0x1b3654]
Then I boot the os it is boot the Linux operating system perfectly
grub>boot
Then in the booting process I got the following error message.
EXT2-fs:unable to read superblock
isofs_fill_super:bread failed,dev=md1, iso_blknum=16, bnlock=32
No filesystem could mount root,tried ext2 iso9660
kernel panic - not syncing : VFS : unable to Mount root fs on unknown -block (9,1)

why I am getting these error message mean to load Linux os it should load kernel and initrd.
 But here I am loading only the kernel but I didn’t load the initrd initialize Ram Disk.because initrd it will load the ramdisk and the file system.
For these reason only i got the above error message.

To resolve the issue to restart the system and load the kernel and initrd
grub>kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-53.el5
[Linux-bzImage, setup=0x1e00, size=0x1b3654]
grub>initrd /initrd-2.6.18-53.el5.img
[Linux-initrd @ 0x1fbea000, 0x2f5e41 bytes]
grub>boot
then I will not face any problem
it is mount the root file system and it will load the os
Error Message
EXT2-fs:unable to read superblock
isofs_fill_super:bread failed,dev=md1, iso_blknum=16, bnlock=32
No filesystem could mount root,tried ext2 iso9660
kernel panic - not syncing : VFS : unable to Mount root fs on unknown -block (9,1)
Error 8: Kernel must be loaded before booting
Error 15: File not found 


ERROR : Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!.
REASON: While booting kernel parameter we have to mention the root file system with READ ONLY option or else we will get above message.
Like : kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-164.el5 ro root=/dev/sda1

Post a Comment

0 Comments